Friday, October 20, 2006

Scatter-Shot #2


Gripe of the Week
: I used to only hate the St. Louis Cardinals because they're in the same division as my consistently awful Cincy Reds, but now I've got a better reason. Scott Spiezio, the one-time steroid pumper who now looks like he might have trouble lifting up the syringe, is sporting a gross soul patch, dyed Cardinal red. Seriously, Douchey McSpiez? What are you thinking? I'd rather see you with a bright red mullet. I hope you guys get swept.

Quoteworthy: "Emo is bullshit. If people want to take it for the literal sense of the word, yes, we're an emotional band, we put a lot of thought into what we do. People always try to stereotype us, but we don't fit the emo stereotype," Brendon Urle, lead singer of Panic! at the Disco. I'm not sure what is more obviously false, that they're not emo, or that they put a lot of thought into what they do.

Newsworthy: Shrek is being transformed into a Broadway musical, set to premiere on the stage in 2008. We can only hope that it will last beyond '08 though, and overtake Cats as the longest running Broadway show. Make sure to see it multiple times, because fart jokes, especially in song, get even funnier the second and third times around.

Watch: New Michel Gondry-directed Beck video. Of course it's awesome.



Read: I wouldn't normally post about this, because I already did yesterday, but I'm just so happy that teen columnist Jessica Mendibles let us in on the little secret that, "God exists." It looks like I scooped you, Matt Drudge.

Listen: You Ain't No Picasso had a new track from the forthcoming Shins album, but the stooges over at SubPop must have put an end to that. Damn, I was ready to get my life changed again (I will never get tired of Shins-Garden State jokes). Still check out the post for a Shins cover of a Magnetic Fields song.Link

No comments: