Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chitra my queen, let's boycott Fandango



I suppose I understand the marketing idea that if your advertisements are annoying enough, they will stick with the consumer. But once the company knows they’ve got plenty of brand awareness, it should be time to change the ads to make the consumer happy.

Of course, I’m talking about Fandango, a company that sells movie-tickets online. More specifically, I’m talking about the paper bag puppets who help the audience start almost every film I see in the worst possible mindset.

At first, I thought that the Fandango puppet humor just didn’t appeal to me. I would hear laughter throughout the theater as the puppets talked about getting their movie tickets online. Now, I don’t think anyone is laughing. Ethnic stereotypes have entered the advertisements and reoccurring characters such as Chitra and her husband are making what was once only painful, now completely unbearable.

Here is the
most worthless ad so far, but they'll only get worse....unless we do something.



Today I call for Fandango to stop advertising. We know that if we want to buy tickets online, we’ve got to go through you…and pay the $1 service charge. But I personally will not buy tickets online until you change your ad campaign. The puppets need to die a quick, hopefully very painful, death.

Here are some new campaign ideas that are less offensive, since Fandango apparently have no one working on this.

1. Diet Coke and Mentos - this is really hot right now

2. Lonelygirl15
- she can sell anything

3
. Budweiser frogs - bring them back, have them say "whassup"

Shit, I even made a petition.
Sign it and join me in stopping the most irritating ad campaign since Jared lost more than 200 pounds!

Or if you love the ads, go buy a t-shirt online for only $15.

No comments: