Monday, November 20, 2006

Surfing the net



I spend so much time on the Internet, I'm amazed that there are still essential sites out there that I am just coming across.


Two new sites I've recently discovered I can't live without are
Pawky and Fimoculous.

Fimoculous is just a good quality catch-all blog for music, film, tv and misc., but I love it because of the
compilation of year-end lists. It's getting to be that time of the season, and I can't wait to roll my eyes about bloggers' buzzed out lists, which started with Information Leafblower's Top 40 Bands in America. (Sure, Girl Talk is the 36th best band in America.)

Pawky is downright awesome. For those who are sick of wading through YouTube to find any semblance of quality, Pawky is the answer -- a video site that highlights
award-winning short films. Actual filmmakers can submit films and if the powers-that-be deem it worthy, the site will give it a featured spot. Sure, users could still upload crap or stuff from TV, but it won't be lauded by the more discernable audience that Pawky attracts. I've found that even the user-uploaded videos are pretty cool.

So, yeah. Check out these sites. Also, tell me about some more cool spots, because I've got 16 waking hours to fill.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/

she's amazing.